Our school is named after the Miller Family. Samuel and Jacob Miller came with the Walker party from California in 1863 and staked their mining claims. The brothers began a very successful freighting business. The area became known as Miller Valley and was bordered by Miller Creek and Miller Valley Road.
The first school was taught in a log cabin on the Mosher property in 1876. The first school built at the present site was a one-room schoolhouse built in 1878 as part of the District 11, Miller Valley.
In 1916, a new brick two-room school was built, which is still being used by students today. Additions have been added to this building throughout the years. The multi-purpose room was added to the campus in 1992.
As can be seen, Miller Valley School has been a prominent part of the Prescott area for years.