WashingtonTraditional School Educational Goals
• All students will become well informed by mastering high academic standards in fundamental content-based curriculum in math, science and social studies.
• All students will enhance their field of knowledge through art, music and physical education.
• All students will learn by word and deed the importance of respect, obedience, commitment, and kindness.
• The staff, parents and students will all contribute their consistent efforts to ensure a safe, clean and orderly learning environment.
• Parents will actively participate in the educational process of their children and have the opportunity to contribute through volunteer service in our school.
• To be better prepared for the future, all students will be instructed through the use of technology in order to enhance learning.
• The methods, curriculum, procedures, and expectations of Washington are based on our commitment to do the following:
• Provide a structured and vibrant classroom in which the teacher provides directed whole class instruction followed by guided and independent practice.
• Teach and assess for mastery all of the academic standards.
• Use best evidence instructional programs that have a strong emphasis in phonics and grammar.
• Enforce the school-wide behavior program through the uniform implementation of Positive Behavior Intervention & Support (PBIS)
• Give meaningful homework assignments at least three times per week.
• Provide well planned instructional and extra-curricular activities that directly and significantly teach and support Washington Traditional School goals.
• Teach by example the values and principles articulated in our mission statement.