A record of immunization and birth certificate are required at the time of registration. Each year, parents will be required to sign the “Agreement of Support for the Washington Traditional School Program.” Following is the text of the agreement:
This confirms my agreement to participate in Prescott Unified School District’s alternative educational program, the Washington Traditional School.
I understand that parent participation is important to the success of this program.
I understand that it is necessary to:
- Assist with homework by providing a time, place, and quiet environment for my child. I agree to sign all homework forms indicating that I have seen the completed assignments;
- Sign return all report cards and progress reports;
- Attend grading conferences whenever scheduled;
- Attend consultations with the teacher, principal, or other school personnel involved with my child when needed. If necessary attend a mandatory disciplinary conference with the Washington Improvement Council.
I agree to support the total Washington Traditional School program by:
- Reading the Student/Parent Handbook thoroughly and discussing the various rules, goals, philosophy, and school procedures with my child.
- Following the established steps in the grievance procedure if I am in disagreement with any of the rules, activities, materials or procedures.
- Making a sincere effort to participate in parent meetings, school projects and events.
- Having my child at school on time every day, unless there is an illness or emergency.
- Removing my child from this program if the rules and policies of the school are consistently broken.
I also agree that if I determine that the Traditional School program is not appropriate for my child, I will seek another school placement.
Students and their parents are also required to read, discuss, and sign the “Student’s Agreement of Support for the Washington Traditional School Program.” Following is the text of the agreement:
I, _____________________ as a student at Washington Traditional School, will follow all the rules as they are written in the Student/Parent Handbook, including the following:
- I will be on time to school.
- I will follow the dress code.
- I will leave all toys, money, etc., at home, unless I have been asked by my parents or teacher to bring them to school.
- I will be polite and will show respect to all adults, other students, their personal property, and to the school.
- I will complete and turn in, on time, all of my school work and homework.
- I will always do my best, as a Washington Patriot.