During the first few days of school, the faculty stresses all safety rules concerning the school, bus transportation, and traffic.
A parking rack is available for students who ride bicycles to school. Parents should make sure children have and use bicycle locks and helmets.
Many of our students walk to school. You can help by working with your child on the proper way to cross streets and the proper use of traffic lights. It is also urged that you decide with your child the best way to walk to school, using traffic lights to cross the busy streets.
Please review the following rules with your child(ren) and any other adult who may be picking up your child(ren).
1. Use the Gurley Street parking whenever there is available space.
2. Always wait for parents inside the fence on Gurley Street, Pleasant Street, and the primary playground.
3. Parents should never pick up children in the street or double park.
4. Please use the supervised crosswalk at Pleasant Street to cross Gurley Street. The crossing guard is on duty from 8:00-8:30 a.m. and 2:45-3:15 p.m. Never cross Gurley Street at the Alarcon Street crosswalk unless accompanied by an adult.
5. Cross Alarcon Street at the crosswalks only (near the alley behind the school).
6. Watch for cars entering or exiting the alley. Walkers are not allowed in the alley; this is for vehicle traffic only.
7. Bike riders should walk beside their bikes until they are on the Pleasant Street sidewalk. Bike riders should not use the stairs to and from Pleasant Street.
8. No students should be picked up or dropped off in the bus zone on the school side of Alarcon Street. This is for bus loading only. The Prescott Police Department has issued citations for violations.